Social media marketing has taken the World Wide Web by a storm. Different forms of social media have popped up left and right. Consumers have taken to it very well and businesses have made a fortune thanks to it. It’s obvious that social media marketing isn’t going anywhere and that it’s here to stay. This means that a lot of different trends are sure to come out. Here are some things to look out for in the world of social media marketing.
1. More Videos – YouTube has dominated social media videos. As people have seen the success of this there are likely to be other platforms used. A lot of other video sharing websites are likely to pick up the pace and keep up with Youtube. With the number of people already making use of YouTube it will only be natural for businesses to try other platforms that are more business oriented. Live streaming and interactive broadcasts may also start entering the social media marketing.
2. Going Mobile – the internet is everywhere and accessing it can be done from mobile phones. Social networks such as Facebook and Twitter already offer versions that can be used on mobile phones. Other social media platforms are likely to follow in suit allowing customers to take social media marketing to the next level. Now, people don’t even have to go to their computers to be able to gain access to social networks.
3. Questions and Answers – while Question & Answer (Q&A) sites like Yahoo! Answers and JustAnswer have been around for a while, not a lot of attention has been given to these. With the continuous rise of social media marketing, the trend for purchasing things may change. More and more people are likely to visit these types of websites for quick information on products or services that they may be interested in. Whether they decide to buy something or not can be affected by this type of sites. On the other hand, businesses can easily use these sites to collect important data and feedback that can affect how they market or sell products and services.
4. Integration – the use of social media doesn’t end with the different networks that we use for marketing. It moves a step up by having it integrated into websites. If you use this to interact with your consumers, why not put it on your website? Twitter, Facebook, Stumbleupon and many others are just examples of social networks that let you integrate their platforms on your website. Why wait for your customers to visit these sites when you can bring it to them directly through your website?
5. WordPress – this open-source publishing application is most likely the most social media friendly. It comes with an extensive list of interactive features, not to mention a lot of plugins to enhance a website. The best part is that a lot of this can be accessed free of charge. Many of these plugins that you get for free are also ideal for search engine optimization of your web content.
6. Location Based Marketing – checking into a business has become a popular trend on networks such as Groupon, Foursquare and others. As consumers continue to check into your business you can gain a lot of important information. You can get a better idea of who to sell to, what people want and more. In short, you can narrow down on your target market easily and get a higher return on investment. This is especially true for businesses that also have offline locations.