Social Media Marketing Video 5 Tips To Success
Getting website visitors is your main job when building an online business. With the internet there is no such thing as stagnant. Things are always changing, improving and evolving. Combining video with social media will really help you get a leg up on the competition. Using social media marketing video is great, but how do you do it?
Here are a few basic concepts to keep in mind when you are planning and implementing your strategy:
1. The videos you make have to be high quality but what does that mean? Well it doesn’t mean that you have to hire actors or pay thousands of dollars for state of the art effects. What it really means is that the audio and video are clear and that the information is presented in an easy to understand format.
2. Keep your video’s fairly short. The average is less than 5 minutes. If you are providing some sort of educational video you don’t have to adhere quite so strictly to this rule.
3. Make an outline of the points you want to cover before you start recording audio for your video. The last thing you want to do is be a stammering fool. If you listen to your video and you find the word that is spoken the most often is ‘um’ you really should go back and re-do it.
I know that is a hassle, and takes time but if your video is filled with pauses or stuttering people will lose patience and will click away. If no one watches your video you will have wasted your time anyway. Do it right or don’t do it at all.
4. Remember that success is not only about quality but quantity as well. You need to submit videos on a regular basis. One great technique for doing that is to create a video series. You make a ‘how to’ video on whatever subject relates to your niche but instead of covering all the information in one video you break it down into smaller segments and create multiple videos. This will encourage your visitors to come back.
5. When you submit your videos, there are some rules to follow too. For one thing, make sure that you include keywords in your title, description, and tags. This will help your video stand out and get noticed.
Also, while it’s important to have your video submitted to a lot of places you want to make sure that it’s only submitted to quality sites. You don’t want your dog training video to show up on an adult site. That won’t help your credibility.
Submitting your video to 20 -30 top quality sites is better than blindly submitting it to 100 less desirable sites.
When it comes to getting the most out of your social media marketing video efforts you’ll of course want to start off with the ‘big’ ones such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. After that you can add to some smaller, yet still high-quality sites, to make your video work as hard for you as possible.