Top 5 Pin-To-Win Ideas On Pinterest
Interest has become one of the most important social media sites in the world. It has made significant in-strides which led to some degree of interest from online marketers. Now, interest has become a new avenue to engage with customers. This means a lot for product exposure and boosting product sales.
Marketers use Pin-to-win contests to create buzz and traction to encourage users to spread the word about their products and maximize exposure. The contests provide useful marketing information to marketing people that are valuable in the success of a product. Here are some good ideas on how to launch a good Pin-to-win contest on interest that could even work in other local media networks.
1. Easy mechanics. While a Pin-to-win contest seems easy, it really boils down on how you lay down the mechanics. A contest would become more successful if the joining mechanics are relatively easy. Interest is not designed to track the pinned entries that would determine who gets the prize. The social media structure does’to support the contests in itself compared to other local media networks.
The result of interest’s inability to support contests has driven marketers to launch contests that are pretty difficult to join.Marketers have asked people to do a lot of tasks before they can join in. One example is to ask a user to follow an account and then create a pinboard. Afterwards, users are asked to pin a minimum number of pictures to the new onboard and then add a hashtag to every contest-entry pin. To top it, users are asked to comment on the original contest onboard with the URL of the pinboard entry that you created. This is so complicated and would not be interesting for anyone, right?
2. Big, big prizes. This isn’t new… In fact, it’s popular everywhere!Prizes are what people are after. In order for marketers to gain their customers’ information such as demographics, contact information and even product preferences; companies need to spend for prizes. The amount of information that will be available to you is staggering and priceless. It is only fitting not to be stingy in providing the prizes. The bigger the prizes, the more information you can have.
3. Have interesting things to pin about. Marketers should be aware that to make customers try the contest, it should be worth their time. Make sure that you have interesting things to pin so people will be willing to waste their time in joining the contest.
4. Make everyone a winner. It would be great to reward anyone who enters the contest with a prize. Give someone at least a discount coupon or something so that they will be encouraged to participate. So when peeps enter your contest and don’to win big, at least they have something to keep them hooked!
5. Do not neglect other social media sites. It is important to support your other promotions running on other platforms. However, do not use other social media platforms as a requirement to enter on your Pin-to-win contest. Use it to promote your other contests running elsewhere.
The goal of a great interest contest is to have an easy but highly-rewarding activity that everyone can enjoy. Remember the goal of contests is to get marketing information and not to increase sales right off the bat. If you stick to your real objective then you will find Pin-to-win contests as valuable gauge on what kind of customers that you have.