Before we reach the secret, write down your big picture goals for your home office profession or business. They are far-reaching goals that want some soul-searching. Where do you want to maintain 10 – 20 years? What do you want to accomplish? How do you define success? If you are not sure the goal-setting process is worth your time and effort, then check out “Why is Goal-Setting Important?” A Foundation for Success. Perhaps you have ever watched a bout of This Old House and witnessed a complicated job come together in less than a fifty percent hour? Or, do you question why a chef chops more fresh vegetables in half the time it requires you easily?
The secret is the various tools and specialized knowledge that was obtained to use them. The right tools make all the difference! The trick: By setting personal and professional goals that support your big picture goals, you will have the right tools to more easily succeed and you will enjoy the process! A lot of people intuitively understand the need for maintaining a solid foundation.
Yet, time constraints hinder the ability to commit to personal and professional goals. In the short-run, you might save some time with this strategy. In the long-run, you’re sure to come across unanticipated road blocks and it might take much longer to succeed. By setting personal and professional goals that are correlated to your life’s plan, you shall be more likely to obtain the requisite tools and become successful more quickly.
You will probably benefit from the process more too! It’s been many years since Stephen R. Covey first published The 7 Habits of IMPRESSIVE People. Yet, his profound perspective about “sharpening the saw” stands true today. To satisfy your dreams, you must have the right tools set up and in working order.
The areas to examine include physical, mental, spiritual, and social dimensions. A free downloadable Personal and Professional Goal Setting Worksheet are situated in the Bright Hub Home Office Media Gallery. It is designed to help you identify personal and professional goals that correlate with your big picture goals. 1. Download the Professional and Personal GOAL SETTING TECHNIQUES Worksheet.
2. Jot down someone to three big-picture goals. These are long-range goals that signify your life’s work and aspirations. 3. Read the questions under each personal/professional development category and create an answer. Make an effort to respond with as much detail as it can be. Physical – Do your daily diet, nutrition, and health-related habits support success?
- On Android: Chats screen > Menu > WhatsApp Web
- Network conditions
- I have AOL (Earthlink, MSN) and
- Purchase website editing software
- The value of pushing yourself actually and psychologically everyday
- 2 Tablespoons Gelatin
Mental – What knowledge and skills do you need? Social – What contacts can help you reach your goals? Religious – What goals shall help you stay energized and centered? 4. Set the Goal Environment Worksheet for a couple of days aside. You can naturally continue steadily to “work” with this task as you start your alternative activities. 5. Research questions that you couldn’t answer.
6. Review your replies and create detailed SMART goals. It’s important to create goals in each category to keep balance. Lots of the personal and professional goals you develop will support multiple big-picture goals. 7. Post your goals in a noticeable place and review them regularly. As your priorities change, as they undoubtedly will, update your goals and the non-public and professional goals had a need to meet them.
Perhaps the guideline should be that if you make a living from writing publication-worthy articles – ones you might see with time, Newsweek, or The New Yorker – Medium is the area for you probably. If you need a more elaborate website, or the nature of your writing demands any of the additional features that Medium doesn’t offer, wordPress will then, of course, be the better option.
Do you have encounters with WordPress and Medium you’d prefer to share? Did we miss anything? Save 20% on any Themify purchase! Save a good-looking 25% on MaxCDN! Up to 4-weeks free with WP Engine! That’s a fairly comprehensive comparison, thank you! But I don’t see how you ended up recommending Medium to 9/10 authors. WordPress provides you so much more control and the fact that it’s also easy to learn make it almost perfect for any and every kind of online activity!